Friday, April 18, 2014

LEARNING TO RECEIVE

Did you know that the average person is not good at receiving?

We are really good givers for the most part but many people have great difficulty in being the receiver of good things. blessings or gifts that are bestowed on them.

Today is Good Friday.  A day I observe as the ultimate sacrifice and gift of love.   It is a reminder to me to take time to reflect, be quiet and gift thanks for those things in my life that I may neglect and not give enough attention to.

It is also a reminder to me that my spiritual walk is so important, and if grounded in my faith and my beliefs, I can hold firm and steadfast through the more challenging moments that life brings.

Finally, it is a reminder that in having a solid foundation and a strong belief and in taking the time to be still and to learn to trust, that I will receive more than I could ever imagine.  No, it is not always about money but receiving more peace, contentment, joy, focus, clarity, purpose...well, in my opinion, those are priceless.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Thankful for love, caring and a deep knowing of the Father's love today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments. Share away!