Thursday, September 11, 2014

THE ROCK WILL ALWAYS HOLD

Life can certainly be difficult at times and I know there are days when it feels as though you are drowning and the waters are just too rough. 

Answer these two questions and you may be find some relief.


Do you know what you believe in? Do you know what you stand for?  


One of my favourite passages of scripture is the following from Psalm 31:1-3

"In You, O LORD, I have taken refuge; Let me never be ashamed; In Your righteousness deliver me. Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly; Be to me a rock of strength, A stronghold to save me. For You are my rock and my fortress; For Your name's sake You will lead me and guide me."
Having faith in what you can't see is a discipline to be practiced.  The beauty of this discipline is that it becomes a beacon of hope, and although tested against often, you condition yourself to believe in a brighter tomorrow.  

Similarly, when you hold fast and true to those core values that define you (honestly, integrity, compassion etc...) those will also help to anchor you and give you a solid foundation that will help to weather any storm.

Photo Credit: Victoria Craig - Lake Erie, Ontario



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments. Share away!