Thursday, July 10, 2014

IN THE SLOW LANE

For someone who has spent my career running from one opportunity to another, travelling to numerous cities and countries, multi-tasking the list which never ends and constantly in the mode of innovating new things, this blog may seem unlike me.

Not true.  As much as I love being involved, I absolutely need time to be still and rest.   I have been learning the art of intentional rest more and more this past year as there comes a point where your head might say don't slow down but your body definitely tells you it's time.

I love the beach. There is something about the sand, water and the wind that seems to wash away any concerns or worries.  It also allows me time to innovate new ideas, dream, write and release.  Find a spot and use it often.   Slowing down is not giving up. It's being smart, strategic and gives a reminder that self care is essential in sustaining a long successful journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments. Share away!