Friday, June 13, 2014

WRESTLING IN MY DOUBTS

Oh my goodness.  I am so tired of seeing so many people hurting with life. It seems that so many wear a mask of happiness, but the reality is that there is a lot of sadness and feelings of disengagement with work and with life.

Did you know? That almost 80% of our workforce in North America is not happy and disengaged?  That is truly of epidemic proportions.   How do we start to turn the tide?  It is a big problem with many contributing factors including health, stress, economic, socio-economic and general fear about the future.

I hate to say it but I too can relate.  I have also had a year of tremendous change, upheaval and although incredibly exciting moments have transpired, there have also been moments that have been quite challenging.

I found this video and I love the words and meaning behind it.

As a woman of faith, I must admit that there are many times in my life that I have struggled to trust God to work everything out for good.  I try and lean on my own understanding and take control and, well often times that has backfired as well.

Here are some of the words that speak to me. I hope they speak to you as well.

In my wrestling and in my doubts
In my failures You won’t walk out
Your great love will lead me through
You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea
My Lighthouse, my lighthouse
Shining in the darkness, I will follow You
My Lighthouse, my Lighthouse
I will trust the promise,
You will carry me safe to shore

Knowing that I have the capacity to love and to be loved by those family and friends around me, makes life easier.   Maybe a little more love is all that we need to start the process of finding more joy in who we are and what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments. Share away!